Welcome Message

*** Nov. 16th: New post is up! Link exchange is still open if you're interested~ ***

Monday, September 2, 2013

Small e.l.f haul & recent buys

Hello there my lovely readers! I hope you're having a good week so far. I recently placed a small order on DreamV and e.l.f and they both finally came in! I'm really excited to share them with you ^__^
I haven't used all of the products yet but I have swatched them so you can see what the quality/color is like.
My package!
From left to right:

  • Glossy Gloss in Tangy Tangerine
  • Spoolie brush
  • Flawless Finish Foundation in Porcelain 
  • HD Blush in Superstar and Headliner
  • Studio Blush in Peachy Keen

I don't know why but I decided to stock up on some orange products. I feel like it'll be a good color for the fall (dunno why I think that or where I got that idea from) so that's why I picked this gloss and blush up. I own far too many pink lip and cheek products to I'm happy to have these in my collection now!
I actually placed this order because I really wanted to try this foundation. I read a lot of mixed reviews but decided to try it out anyways because I haven't had many bad experiences with e.l.f products. I'm glad I took the plunge because this stuff is awesome! It lasts all day and it doesn't transfer (which is the most annoying thing a foundation can do other than oxidize orange imo!). Many people complained that the lightest shade (porcelain) was too pale for them but I think it's just right for me! I'll probably repurchase this when I run out.
I don't know why but my Headliner blush looked like it was opened or someone tried to open it. You can also see that it's "cracked" so I wasn't too happy about that. Since it's a cream blush though, I don't mind it but it just bothers me that it didn't come in perfect condition (box-wise).
Here's my swatches of the Peachy Keen, Tangy Tangerine, Superstar, Headliner, and the foundation. So far I've only tried the foundation (and I like it!) but the products overall seem to be of good quality.

As you can see the swatches are very rich in color, and this was with a tiny amount of product as well as without a primer! I also picked up a glitter liner by NYX. It was on sale for $3.49 and I've always liked NYX products so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's quite nice! The glitter is very fine and not chunky at all  and the liner applies very smoothly.

I also ordered this romper from DreamV. I got it in the leopard color and I love it! I can't wait to wear it. I think Catherine has the same one so maybe I can match with her again when she comes back from her vacation~ <3

That's all for this post! Please let me know if you would like a review on any of the products I mentioned. Thanks for reading and I'll see you later~

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake