Welcome Message

*** Nov. 16th: New post is up! Link exchange is still open if you're interested~ ***

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Essence Forget It! 3 in 1 Concealer Review

Hi again! How have you all been? Today I'm bringing you a review on the Essence Forget It! 3 in 1 Concealer. Let's get started right away!
I bought this concealer at Shoppers Drug Mart for about $2.99 or so. It was really not more than $3.25 after tax. I really wanted to try this because I heard many good reviews on it. I was wanting to try out a corrector-type concealer because my dark circles were just getting way too cray.
Here's the packaging~
Here are some swatches for you.
Unfortunately for me, the concealer portion of the trio is too dark for my skin so that's unfortunate. I think if you are not as fair as I am, you would be fine. The green shade is supposed to counteract redness but I don't find myself reaching for it too often because my concealer/BB cream is doing enough work. The pink shade is actually pretty good but not good enough in my opinion to warrant a repurchase. Though for $2 and some change, I can't really argue. I won't go out of my way to buy this but I might get it if I just happen upon it.
The product itself is very smooth and creamy almost to the point of where it feels slightly greasy. All three shades do dry relatively matte so I don't really have a problem with creasing or anything like that. I did a small demo on the pink portion of the trio to let you get a better idea of what it does for your eyes in case you're unfamiliar with pink/salmon toned concealers. Please don't mind my nasty skin and death stare. I couldn't bother myself to photoshop the pictures to perfection.
Look at that nasty black business going on there.
With just the pink corrector applied. You can see that
some of the discoloration has been evened out.
With concealer on top.
As you can see from the second picture, most of the purple and blue tones in my skin have been neutralized. After following the application up with some concealer, I finally look awake! XD
Price: ♥♥♥♥♥
This is probably the cheapest concealer I own, and for the way that it performs it's definitely worth it! The downside is that I think this is a little hard to find here in town.

Texture: ♥♥♥♡♡
This product is very smooth and creamy, but it can feel a slight bit greasy. The colors blend very nicely, but I think the green shade is just a little more difficult to work with than the other two shades.

Coverage: ♥♥♥♡♡
The green and pink shades aren't really meant to conceal, they go on a bit sheer as they are just used to correct. The concealer itself is more of a light-medium coverage, although it is buildable. I would highly advise you set this with a powder though because it is quite creamy.

Overall: ♥♥
Like I said before, I like this trio mostly for the pink shade and even at that I don't absolutely LOVE/need it. I could always just invest in a pink/salmon based concealer like Benefit's Erase Paste so I wouldn't need to use this product and a concealer on top. I highly doubt I'd repurchase this just because I don't have a use for the green or concealer shades.
I hope you found this review helpful! Thank you so much for reading~
Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake