Welcome Message

*** Nov. 16th: New post is up! Link exchange is still open if you're interested~ ***

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dineout 2013 & Life Changes


Hello again dear readers! Yesterday Patrick and I went out with a group of friends from my elementary years. We went to participate in Dineout 2013 at a place called the Vancouver Fanclub. We picked this place because we were super eager to try the dessert which was: Warm Mini-DonutsPrepared in-house. Served plain or rolled in cinnamon sugar with a chocolate Kahlua dipping sauce on the side.
Due to some mix up with the buses, Patrick and I got there a bit late. The bar was kind of empty in terms of customers. There was only one waitress and one bartender for the whole night. There was a live local band playing but they were really old and loud. It was tolerable though since they took breaks after every few songs. Most of us ordered the pulled pork burger, but for appetizers Patrick and I ordered wings instead of the prawn corndogs like everyone else.

My hot wings~
My pulled pork burger with fries
I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with this place. First the waitress got Patrick's order wrong, she gave him the corndogs instead of wings so he had to wait like, 20 minutes for them. Then she asked me if i wanted fries or chips with my burger, I asked for chips but she came back with fries. Last but not least, we ended up not even having the donuts. The machine broke so we ended up with no dessert! The waitress felt bad and gave us all coupons for free donuts the next time we're in the neighborhood, but I highly doubt we'll ever go back even with the coupon.

On a side note though, my friend Ellen spotted Misha Collins on the other side of the bar and that was kind of cool. We didn't want to bother him so we just gawked at him from our table lol.
Anyways, with all that aside here's my outfit and makeup for the night. I wanted something light and simple and for my outfit I wanted something warm and cozy.
Cardigan: AWF/Shorts: DreamV/
Socks&Tank: Offbrand
Last week I went to speak with an admissions director for the Art Institute of Vancouver. After a really long interview/info session I decided to go for it and signed up for the Game Art & Design program. I've submitted all my paper work so now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me. I'm really excited! If everything goes well, I'll start this April and graduate in September 2014. I'll keep you posted!

Another exciting thing coming up is a meetup my Japanese class is planning for over the reading break. We decided for a karaoke/hotpot night to get to know everyone and just have a good time as some of us weren't in the same class last semester. I'll definitely make a post about this later.

That's pretty much it for this post! I leave you with some delicious looking sushi pictures that I forgot to share  in my previous posts.
Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake