Welcome Message

*** Nov. 16th: New post is up! Link exchange is still open if you're interested~ ***

Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 Rewind

So as usual, I'm late to the party. I had a whirlwind of stuff happen during the New Years. I got sick a few weeks ago and it was just dreadful. I couldn't eat anything for 2 days and I just felt like a mess. This post will be more of a rewind/catch up post; I don't think I'll do a recap for the year . Of course I do wish you all good luck and fortune in the new year and all that fun stuff~ But more on that near the end!

❄Christmas Day❄

On Christmas day I went to my mom's best friend's house for dinner. It was another turkey dinner (3rd one this holiday season!) with her sons and one of their girlfriends. It was really nice! I decided to dress up too~ I didn't take too many pictures because I was so tired from the other parties I went to that week.
Coat&boots: Offbrand/Cardigan: AFW
Shorts&tights: DreamV/ Shirt: Eighteen
Accessories: F21 and Ebay
Better shot without my coat~
Look at the mini tree!
My aunt made cakes! They were really
yummy. The pink one is strawberry and
the purple one is blueberry~

★Boxing Day★

I had to work on boxing day this year. For those of you who aren't familiar, boxing day here in Canada is like Black Friday in the states. This happens every year on the day after Christmas. Usually stores open at like 6AM and they have crazy sales for the whole day. Although recently this sale time has been extended to last a week, some stores make it last until the end of the month! Anyway it was really hectic, there were so many people shopping at our store we couldn't even see the end of the lineup at the register!

I got off work around 6:30PM or so that day and I actually ran into Shiena who was visiting for the New Years. I only briefly said hello and then we parted ways. She looked busy and I don't think we had much to say anyways because I needed to meet with my boyfriend and my friend Steven. 

After I met up with them we went for dinner. We had oysters at one of our favorite sushi places and then we headed home. On the way back I felt bad for being left out of the sale season because I had to work all day and the mall was closed by now. We walked by a London Drugs and I decided to check out the sales that were left. I managed to pick up a new top coat, nail strengthener and lip balm stain!
Let me know if you're interested in any reviews for these! I actually like them all quite a lot right now, especially the top coat!

❤New Year's Eve❤

I was pretty bummed out about spending New Year's Eve last year at home. My friends had planned for a party but nothing ended up happening. This year I was determined to spend it out with friends. I worked on this day too but the mall closed really early, around 6PM. I went home for dinner with my mom, sister and boyfriend. After that we went to my friend Branden's place and we played video games and had cake. We did the countdown together and then I went home.

New Year's Day

You guessed it, I worked this day. The best part about working on New Year's though is that I get paid extra! Not a lot of people came in because they were too worn out from partying the previous night so it was relatively relaxing at work. I didn't do anything special on New Year's day but I did decide to not make any resolutions. I have to be honest, I never see my resolutions through so thinking of a list of them would just be a waste of time. 

I did, however, decide to start a new project thanks to a tumblr post I read. I think it will be fun! I've already  got a few nice things written down~
I don't have any resolutions or new goals this year but I do have some unmet goals from last year that I would like to carry over (like saving money for a car). To help myself reach that specific goal faster I set up some budgets for myself. I'm going to try my very best to stick to the budget so hopefully I'll have my own car by the end of this year! 

I've also picked up drawing again. I'm going to try my best to get into a digital animation program for next year. The application deadline is late June of this year! Here's a little bit of doodling I did to get back into my groove~ 
I've finished this drawing now, but this
is just a work in progress picture. Took me
about an hour? Mostly for proportion practice.
Also, I know my upcoming posts list is out of date so I will be updating that as soon as this post goes live. I'll try my best to come out with posts as often as I can, but right now school is starting to pick up again and I want to do really well this semester! I wish everyone a great new year filled with good health and good luck (so asian lol)~ I hope you'll all work hard to make your own resolutions, wishes, and goals come true. I made a banner of my favorite quote for this year, I want to share it with you:
Lastly, I'm very happy to announce that January 23rd will be my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend and the 25th will be my 1 year blog anniversary! To celebrate, I want to do a giveaway to thank all my followers for being with me on this journey. More details to come! Let me know in the comments what you'd like to see in the giveaway~ I've already got some things down, but I'm always open to suggestions because this is to thank YOU! I'll see you all in my next post~
Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake