Welcome Message

*** Nov. 16th: New post is up! Link exchange is still open if you're interested~ ***

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

◖ Goodbye ◗

Hello everyone. I haven't been around for a while and the reason for that is because I've had a very rough week. On Sunday at July 22 at 8:00PM my little angel Cupcake passed away.

We struggled with her for a long time... I'll spare you the story because I've told it too many times. Basically she got sick and stopped eating for a about 3 weeks now. If you know anything about rabbits (or if you don't), when a rabbit stops eating for whatever reason it's usually really badRabbits are a prey species and have adapted to hiding their conditions very well from potential predators. What this means is that if you find your rabbit is sick, most of the time it will be too late. If you catch on early, there is a chance of saving them. However I found out through this experience, vets know very little about rabbits as they are such delicate and quiet creatures.

Anyways, we're not sure of the cause but the vet's best guess is that because of her lack of eating, there were complications in her digestive tract. This means she could have had ulcers, a build up of bacteria, etc etc. The pain was probably beginning to overwhelm her and I could see her energy was dropping with each passing day... It became too much for her I suppose and she gave up her final breath in my lap, with my hand over her heart, while we were rushing her to the 24-hour emergency clinic...

I don't want to talk much about it, but I'll copy and paste what I put on Facebook. I'm afraid of having another emotional breakdown right now (I need a break from those lol). The pain is still sharp in my chest, but I know I'll get over it soon. 

I just miss her so much. It's hard to come home and find an empty spot where she used to be...

August 23, 2009 - July 22, 2012. I miss you already. I wish you were back here in my arms. I knew saying goodbye to you one day was going to be hard, but I never thought it would be like this. I wasn't ready for you to leave just yet.


I tried my very best to make your life as wonderful as it could be. I'm sorry I was never the most attentive. I'm sorry I got irritated at you for waking me in the middle of the night.... I'll never hear the patter of your little feet again. It hurts so much to know I'll never see you again...

When I saw you laying there with the light gone in your eyes, I experienced a pain unlike any other. I know you're just a bunny and this day had to come sooner or later. But you were my bunny, and I loved you so very much.

I hope you're in a better place now. Don't forget us while you're up there having the time of your life in that big hay tunnel in the sky. Goodbye precious. I'll always miss you and love you with all my heart.

Rest in Peace, Cupcake ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake