Welcome Message

*** Nov. 16th: New post is up! Link exchange is still open if you're interested~ ***

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

♫❊ Back from the dead; Snaps from May Part 1 ❊♬

Hello my sweet readers! How are you all?  I know I haven't been around for a while, please forgive me for my absence. I've been extremely lazy these past few weeks ( ̄□ ̄;) I've also been out and about enjoying the sunshine (which is super rare so I had to take advantage of it!)

Don't worry though, I didn't forget about you! I took a couple of photos so I could show you (*^▽^*) A lot of it is just lazy to comfy wear since it got really hot and I didn't want to have to fuss over my outfit/makeup etc. I absolutely hate the heat, but I love the sun. I know, I'm weirddddd.

I'm going to warn you right now, this post is going to be HUGE because I'm terrible and I like to have things pile up (this probably could have been like 3-4 different posts lol...)



Here are some of the outfits I wore earlier in the week when it was the most sunny:

This is just a plain white longer sleeve t-shirt tucked into
a floral print skirt I got from Forever21. The bag is also from
Forever21 and I wore some plain flip flops that day~
This maxi dress, lace cardigan, and sandals are from DreamV.
As you can see I'm using the same bag as the above outfit ^^


As I mentioned in my previous haul post I would keep you posted on the new polishes I used because I was too lazy to swatch them. I tried a few of the colors and I have to say, I'm really impressed. The e.l.f polishes are actually very opaque and I absolutely love them!! The color is very true to the bottle. I only need 1-2 coats to get a fully opaque look. The downside is that they chip rather quickly. I take good care of my nails (or so I like to think) so usually the chipping doesn't start until the 4th day (on a good week), but I've seen polishes chip within 1-2 days. These polishes are near the 2-3 day mark. Not horrible, but not so great either... still good, though I'm probably just too picky (* ̄m ̄)
e.l.f's "coral dream": it's actually a lot more orange
than coral imo.
e.l.f's "mint cream": I ADORE THIS COLOR  ♥   
e.l.f's "smokin hot": I love this color too, it's a perfect
summer shade!


I went to a wedding this weekend. It was for a family friend's daughter and it also happened to be a fairly sunny day. I decided to go for a sweet and natural look for the day outfit, and a bit more mature for the night outfit. 
The cardigan is the same as the one I wore with
the maxi dress from before. The shoes are from DreamV
and the dress itself is from some random store in
Hong Kong when I went there like, 2 years ago.
My dress here I got on sale from Guess in the
states last summer. I paired it with some simple black
pumps and a glittery shawl that I wore as a scarf.
I tied the look together with a cute bow belt
that I also got from my HK trip~
Here's a closeup of the belt!
Here are my nails for the night:
I got these from a girl on facebook. Unfortunately she
told me she doesn't make nails anymore because of
her busy school life :(
The ceremony for the wedding (started 1PM) was really different than what I'm used to. It was a Catholic wedding and it felt very "ritual-y" but it was a cool experience nonetheless. After that we headed home to change (it was about 3PM) and grab some MCD's lol.

At around 4PM we headed out for the dinner/reception. It was at the Point Grey Golf & Country Club which I thought was interesting because I've never been to a place like that before. The food was super yummy~ There were 3 different types of salmon, some lamb, and a whole table full of cheesecakes \(°ロ°)/
All the seats were arranged with cute little
name tags~
The menu for the night
My food ..../drools ( ゚д゚)
Dessert! It looks rather gimped because
there were so many cakes to try
my sister and I decided to divide and conquer!
And that was it for the night. We got home at around 11PM and I was pretty exhausted. However that didn't stop me from staying up until 3:30 playing Aion QQ

I forgot to mention, my mom ordered a wig from AWF because her hair wasn't quite long enough for a hairset, but when the wig came it wasn't the color she wanted so she gave it to me. I like it a lot more than my other wig but I think my natural hair is the best~!



Speaking of my mommy, I made her dinner for mother's day.
Baked chicken with potates, bell peppers, and carrots~
Okay, this post is getting way too long, I'm going to stop and make a new one right now haha. Thanks for sticking it out 'til the very end! Sorry for ending this one so abruptly >__<;;
Strawberry On Top Of Cupcake